28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Friday, May 27, 2011

New CD...not yet, but SOON.


I'd started this CD  shortly before I got my new computer...over a year ago!  So some of you have been waiting a long time, sorry...my new machine doesn't like my old movie-making software, and I love the way it works.  I've tried other software, but never quite taken the time to get the hang of it...

I finally realized that when Joseph's not using his computer, I can--it still has the old Windows MovieMaker on it!  (So does my new machine, but it's a simplified version that just doesn't cut it for me!)

I often sketch trees when I work in my journal, either close up or in distant landscapes, and I know a lot of you do, too...the CD will have a LOT of images from my journals, along with hints and tips on how to draw or paint them in various mediums!



This one was done with one of the brush pens we've been talking about here...in this case, a Pentel Pocketbrush, with touches of watercolor.



And these little guys above were a very quick sketch with a dark Prismacolor colored pencil, with watercolor added later.  That's one of my favorite quick journal-sketch techniques.  I either add color on the spot with one of my little travel kits, or do it later at home and hone my color memory!


This wild thing has been one of my favorites!  Watercolor pencil in bold colors--more my impression of a fall tree than an actual reproduction...

It'll be a while till I can finish this, but it IS--finally!--in the works again!  Thanks for your patience...and yes, I'm working on new mini-classes, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...